Aveton Gifford C of E (VC) Primary School has been a member of the First Federation Trust since 2012.
The First Federation believes that: All are created in the image of God and uniquely talented by Him. Everyone is a child of God and immeasurably loved by Him.
The Ethos of our Federation
The First Federation believes firmly that Christian principles must underpin all our work with children. We want our children to grow up in our school to understand the Christian values of love, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control identified in Galatians, Chapter 5, verses 22,23.
We recognise each school's historic foundation and will preserve and develop their religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the Churches at parish and diocesan level.
Each school aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith, and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all its pupils.
Adapted from the model Ethos statement Church of England and the Church in Wales.
We are a small rural school and our vision is to provide a Christian environment, which develops the children's spiritual understanding.
- We aim to offer pupils a broad and balanced curriculum, which facilitates the development of knowledge, skills and understanding.
- We aim to develop every pupil's self-esteem through promoting self-discipline so that each individual achieves his or her potential
- We aim to develop the children's creative abilities enabling them to have enquiring flexible minds.
- We aim to develop the children's social, moral and cultural understanding with an awareness and celebration of the multicultural world in which we live.
- Ultimately we want to develop an aptitude for lifelong learning throughout the whole community.