Bev Carson is the new Parent Support Advisor (PSA) for the Kingsbridge Learning Community (KASP)
Her role is to support you and your child to get the very best from your school by providing support, guidance and information.
Bev can help you with any worries you may have in relation to your child’s education, behaviour or attendance, and provide support on how best to deal with it.
Bev will aim to support and help you in the following ways...
- Providing direct and confidential support to parents and carers.
- Offering one to one support.
- Listening to parents and carers and giving confidential support and guidance.
- Giving you a chance to meet with other parents and carers at a drop in.
- Providing information about other services that may be able to help.
- Providing parents and carers with learning opportunities.
- Putting parents and carers in touch with support groups.
- Provide information about school matters.
- Offering a home visit if requested.
- To be approachable to solve problems.
- Offering support when moving up from pre-school into primary or primary into secondary school.
- Offering support attending meetings at the school.
You might want to call Bev for issues like these...
- "My child's behaviour is getting out of hand, and I need support in handling it"
- "I have got lots of questions about being a parent"
- "I'm worried about the next parents' evening"
- “I just need someone I can talk to"
- "Since my partner left me things haven't been the same"
- "I would like to know who else I can talk to about how my situation has changed"
- "I'm really worried about my child’s schooling.”
- “I have been asked to attend a meeting about my child”
- “I’m worried about my child coming up into primary school/secondary school”
- “Its not necessarily a crisis but I need to talk about something that is bothering me”
- “I need help in controlling my frustration and anger”
What Bev, the PSA aims to achieve…
- Build your confidence in dealing with difficult parenting issues and behaviours.
- Support you in getting the best out of the school for your child.
- Help you to speak with the school.
To get in touch with your Parent Support Advisor ask at school, or phone
Bev Carson direct on: